Saturday, August 29, 2015

Who wears short shorts?! We wear short shorts

Today lets talk about shorts. There is a right way to wear shorts and a wrong way to wear them.

I'm 5foot 3inches tall and do not have the longest legs, so to help give the illusion of longer legs I do two things. I wear shorts that hit my thigh half way and I pair them with wedges. VoilĂ , long legs.

Now, be careful with the length of the shorts and the height of the heel/wedge. You can go too short on the shorts or too tall on the heel and run the risk of looking a lil too scandalous for the classy look you were going for.
My rule of thumb... if the shorts are shorter, pair it with a longer sleeved shirt and consider flats to remain classy.
Think- if it's short on bottom, wear it long on top, if it's long on top, wear it short on bottom..get it?! That way you won't look trashy, nor will you look dumpy.

Today's outfit was accented with  rose gold jewelry, which is my fav!!! I've been a gold-lover since I was a kid, (thanks Daddy) Gold pairs well with my skin and is a stylish look in today's trends. My wedges have a gold buckle on them, so this was my key to matching my jewelry as well as sunglasses.

My shorts are a busy floral print, so to compliment this I stuck with a white cotton shirt. I like texture added vs just a plain shirt so I opted for this cute fringe top. Since my shirt is detailed with the fringe, there is no need for a necklace. You don't want to make the mistake of over accessorizing.

Gold stud earring, rose gold watch, bracelet and finally mirrored aviators to finish the summer look.

We're going for a polished look, so it must all fit well together.

And lastly, tan those legs!! I'm a SPF 30+ lover, so I don't get the golden brown tan I used to as a teen with only baby oil on my legs..but we now live in a day and age where self-tanners give you the tan look without the damage.

My FAV is the Endless Glow tanning line. They have lotions, aerosol spray (my fav) which are easy to use, smell amazing, and have the bronze, not orange result.
I will do a blog entry on the self tanning line later, but honestly I have been in the beauty industry for 14 years, tried everything and this by-far is my fav!!!

Here is are the details of my outfit:

Top: #forever21
Shorts: #laurenconrad
Shoes: #michaelkors
Watch : #katespade
Bracelet: #bananarepublic
Earrings: #stroudjewelers
Pink Sapphire Ring: #mizrahidiamonds
Sunglasses: #h&m
Airbrush tan: #endlessglow








No comments: